Virtual Learning Experiences
- Eating in the Early Years: An Immersive Experience on Beef's Role in Early Childhood Nutrition
- Join us as researchers and health professionals review and discuss the current state of the science surrounding nutrition recommendations for birth to 24 months, unpack what and how we feed infants and toddlers, and determine ways to inspire behavior change to improve nutrition outcomes in the early years.
- Raw Truth About Beef
- Go behind the scenes with ranchers and industry experts to learn about each stage of the beef lifecycle, and find answers to the questions you've always had about how cattle are raised and beef is produced.
- Masters of Beef Advocacy
- Masters of Beef Advocacy is your go-to program for training and resources to become a beef advocate and answer tough questions about beef and raising cattle.
- Can Meat Take the Heat, or Should it Get Out of the Kitchen?
- This webinar, hosted by the American Society for Nutrition, will discuss the evidence base behind the most recent World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research (WCRF/AICR) Expert Panel report recommendations regarding meat intake; challenges and progress in the identification of specific individual HCA biomarkers and their isolation from human tissue; and challenges associated with estimating dietary HCA and PAH exposure using common dietary assessment techniques and publicly available HCA/PAH exposure estimation tools.
Podcasts from Sound Bites® with Host Melissa Joy Dobbins, MS, RDN, CDE
- Episode 143: The Truth About Greenhouse Gasses & Agriculture with Dr. Frank Mitloehner
- Tune into this episode to learn about the global warming potential of methane vs fossil fuels, how agriculture impacts global methane emissions, and what carbon sequestering, methane "sinks", the biogenic carbon cycle and global "cooling" are.
- Episode 104: Cow Gas, Upcycling & Beef Sustainability with Dr. Sara Place
- What constitutes a sustainable food system? During this episode, Dr. Sara Place talks about animal agriculture in a sustainable food system. She also shares how a small farm girl became a holistic animal scientist.
- Episode 128: The Science of Strength with Dr. Mike Roussell
- This podcast discusses the principles of strength, fueling strength, and strength in action – ultimately: the strength to be your best self.
- Episode 154: Diabetes & Heart Health, New Research on Lean Beef with Dr. Kevin Maki
- Tune in to this episode for an update on diabetes, heart health & lean beef and a discussion about the strengths & limitations of nutrition research.
- Episode 188: Are We Eating Too Much Meat? With Dr. Shalene McNeill, RDN
- As the plant-based trend continues to grow, are consumers looking to replace meat in the diet with plant proteins or can meat and plants coexist in a healthful way on our plates?
KIDing Around with Dr. Candice Jones, MD
- Episode 90: Make Every Bite Count: Feeding Tips from a Registered Dietitian
- Dr. Candice chats with registered dietitian, Amy Cifelli, MS, RDN, about how to make every bite count in the early years.
- Making Every Bite Count: Complementary Feeding to Fuel Strong Starts Supporting Learning, Growth and Development
- This four-part CME-approved podcast series is hosted by board-certified general pediatrician, Candice Jones, MD. Featuring a variety of pediatric nutrition and feeding experts as guests, this series explores a holistic approach to feeding during early infant and childhood development.
Check out the below resources to learn more about a variety of beef-related topics: